The duties and powers of the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Policies Department are as follows:
- To determine the reduction policies for the sectors in the national and annual National Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventories submitted to the UNFCCC Secretariat, with the contributions of the institutions and organizations represented in the Coordination Board, in line with the net-zero emission target and the circular economy principle.
- To prepare the Long Term Climate Strategy and periodic National Contribution Statements by updating them when necessary, or submitting them to the Coordination Board for approval.
- To monitor and evaluate the implementation of the National Declaration of Contribution at the national level and to report the results to the Coordination Board.
- To coordinate the activities of the reduction and related working groups to be established under the Coordination Board.
- Preparing or getting prepared legislation and guides on mitigation.
- To follow the negotiation processes within the scope of the UNFCCC and the Paris Agreement on mitigation, to contribute to the development of policies in this field, and to fulfill its duties as a national focal point.
- To follow the studies carried out by international organizations regarding reduction, coordinate these studies at the national level, give opinions, participate and contribute.
- Participating in the studies carried out at the national, regional, or local level, represented in the Coordination Board or other relevant institutions and organizations regarding reduction, giving opinions, and contributing.
- To make or have made national and international projects to support reduction activities.
- Carrying out or getting work done for training, raising awareness, and raising public awareness for reduction.
Head of Department:
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 0 (312) 591 44 10