The duties and authorities of the Department of Climate Change Adaptation and Local Policies are as follows:
- Carrying out or getting work done to determine national, local, and sectoral compliance needs.
- To prepare or have prepared legislation and guidelines for the determination, monitoring, and evaluation of adaptation policies to climate change.
- To follow the negotiation processes before international organizations and within the scope of international agreements on adaptation to climate change and to contribute to the development of policies in this area
- Fulfilling national focal point duties.
- To coordinate the preparation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of regional and local climate change action plans.
- To carry out impact, vulnerability, and risk assessment studies on climate change and to ensure national coordination of these studies.
- Carrying out studies to raise awareness about adaptation to climate change.
- To coordinate, monitor, and report the work carried out within the scope of the climate platform and related online monitoring and evaluation systems.
- To ensure the coordination of the sub-working group of the Coordination Board on adaptation to climate change.
- To carry out national and international projects on adaptation to climate change
Head of Department :
E-mail address :
Phone : 0 (312) 591 44 10